This page lists all of my favourite layer-fMRI conference abstracts from 2020.
OHBM, ISMRM, SFN abstracts are added as they are published. ISMRM will follow on July 24th.
ISMRM conference 2020
Note: Since Monday July 27th, ISMRM included a paywall for the videos. To view them now, one needs to be registered and logged in here. (e.g. in a different tab of the browser)
Luca Vizioli: fMRI at High Spatial Resolutions: Layers & Columns. Video and Abstract
Harald Möller: Non-BOLD fMRI. Video and abstract.
Rüdiger Stirnberg: State-of-the-Art Echo-Planar BOLD Acquisition. Video and Abstract
Daniel E. Gomez: Introduction fMRI: BOLD Acquisition & Practical Considerations. Video and Abstract
Klaus Scheffler: From Microvasculature Dynamics to Functional Signals, Contrast Mechanisms & Field Strength Dependence. Video
Bojana Stefanovic: From Microvasculature Dynamics to Functional Signals, Vascular Network & Signal Origins, Video
Kamil Ugurbil: Ultra-High Field Imaging, Video
Joint MICCAI-ISMRM session (oral)
Jonathan Polimeni: Small Sample Size, Unprecedented Data Quality: Challenges & Opportunities in High-End Data Acquisition. Video and Abstract
Resting-state session (oral)
Patricia Pais-Roldán: Cross-cortical Depth-dependent Interactions in the Human Brain using EPIK. Video and Abstract
fMRI acquisition and analysis session (oral)
Huilou Liang: Implementing multi-echo balanced SSFP with a sequential phase-encoding order at 7T. Video and Abstract
Wei Zhu: Ultrahigh-resolution Laminar fMRI Mapping of Cat Visual Cortex at 9.4T: Comparison of 2D GE-EPI and 3D iv-GRASE Sequences. Video and Abstract
fMRI application session (oral)
Russell Chan: Laminar fMRI using layer-specific optogenetic stimulations. Video and Abstract.
Uk-Su Choi: Layer-dependent repetition suppression in the human visual cortex. Video and Abstract
layer and columns fMRI session (oral)
Yuhui Chai: A magnetization transfer weighted anatomical reference allows laminar fMRI analysis in native functional image space. Video and Abstract.
Fuyixue Wang: Cortical-depth dependence of pure T2-weighted BOLD fMRI with minimal T2’ contamination using Echo-Planar Time-resolved Imaging (EPTI). Video and Abstract.
Andrew Morgan: High-resolution line-scanning reveals distinct visual response properties across human cortical layers. Video and Abstract.
Suhyung Park: Highly Accelerated Sub-Millimeter Resolution 3D GRASE with Controlled T2 Blurring in T2-Weighted FMRI at 7T: Feasibility Study. Video and Abstract.
Xingfeng Shao: In-vivo laminar CBF fMRI using high-resolution pseudo-continuous arterial spin labeling at 7T. Video and Abstract.
Laurentius Huber: Mapping directional functional connectivity across brain-wide networks with layer-specific CBV-fMRI. Video and Abstract.
Daniel Haenelt: Mapping ocular dominance columns in humans using GE-EPI, SE-EPI and SS-SI-VASO at 7 T. Video and Abstract.
Atena Akbari: Modelling the Laminar VASO Signal Change in Human V1 at 7T. Video and Abstract.
Jacco de Zwart: On the feasibility of using single-shot perfusion labeling (SSPL) at 7 Tesla for laminar fMRI. Video and Abstract.
Lars Kasper: Sub-Millimeter Spiral fMRI Combining Magnitude and Phase BOLD Contrast. Video and Abstract.
Physiology to BOLD session (oral)
Mario G. Báez-Yáñez: Investigation of the dynamic fingerprint of the BOLD fMRI signal based on a novel statistical 3D cortical vascular network of the human brain. Video and Abstract.
Joerg Peter Pfannmoeller: The role of rapid capillary resistance decreases in the BOLD response assessed through simulations in a realistic vascular network. Video and Abstract.
Aneurin J Kennerley: Cross species validation of the layer-fMRI VASO contrast mechanism: data comparison against pre-clinical 2D-OIS and CBV-MRI gold standards. Video and Abstract.
Advances in Quantitative MRI (oral)
Omer Faruk Gulban: 7T in-vivo human T2* mapping at 350μm isotropic resolution using ME-GRE with flow artifact mitigation reveals cortical layers & vessels. Video and Abstract
fMRI in animal models (oral)
Sangcheon Choi: Distinguish hemodynamic responses at the white matter tract from the laminar-specific gray matter fMRI signal with line-scanning fMRI, Video and Abstract
Won Beom Jung: Functional dissection of somatosensory processing pathways in mice, Video and Abstract
Multi-modal brain function (oral)
Daniel Marsh: Assessing the origin of human alpha oscillations using laminar layer 7T fMRI-EEG. Video and Abstract
Probing Physiology with fMRI (oral)
Saskia Bollmann: Geometrically accurate imaging of the pial arterial vasculature of the human brain in vivo with high-resolution time-of-flight angiography at 7T. Video and Abstract
Hyun Seok Moon: Effect of inhibitory neural activities to BOLD fMRI. Video and Abstract.
Perfusion and Permeability (oral)
Michaël Bernier: Human cerebral white-matter vasculature imaged using the blood-pool contrast agent Ferumoxytol: bundle-specific vessels and vascular density. Video and Abstract
Seong Dae Yun, Detection of Cortical Depth-dependent Functional Activation using Whole-brain, Half-millimetre Resolution EPIK at 7T, Poster and Abstract.
Ashley York: A cortical-depth-dependent analysis of fingertip maps in human somatosensory cortex measured at ultra-high field (7T). Poster and Abstract
Laurentius Huber: Beyond the limits of layer-dependent CBV fMRI in humans: strategies towards whole brain coverage, sub-second TR, and very high 0.5mm resolutions. Video and Abstract
Hankyeol Lee: Comparison of 2D and 3D EPI for high-resolution functional imaging at 7T MRI. Poster and Abstract.
Adnan Shah: Distortion- and Resolution-Matched T1w-Like Anatomy for Investigating Depth-Dependent Activity in Submillimeter-Resolution fMRI at 7T. Slides and Abstract.
Guoxiang Liu: Simultaneous functional and anatomical high-resolution
imaging using BISEPI at 7T, Slides and Abstract
Luisa Raimondo: Functional line-scanning in humans with ultra-high spatiotemporal resolution: reconstruction and BOLD sensitivity assessment. Video and Abstract.
Luca Vizioli: Multislab multiband 3D EPI for simultaneous high spatial and temporal resolution at 7T. Poster and Abstract.
Sriranga Kashyap: Characterising the effect of flip angle in the acquisition of sub-millimetre resolution 3D GE-EPI at 7T. Poster and Abstract.
Daniel Gomez: Apparent attenuation of BOLD macro-vascular contributions with high-frequency stimuli. Video and Abstract.
Avery Berman: Segmented spin-echo BOLD fMRI using a variable flip angle FLEET acquisition with recursive RF pulse design for high spatial resolution fMRI, Video and Abstract
Ícaro A F de Oliveira: BOLD and CBV nonlinear responses during a hand movement task with increasing movement rate using 3D-EPI VASO at 7T, Poster and Abstract.
Catarina Rua: Layer-dependent Transient Saturation Transfer MRI at 7T, Poster and Abstract.
FENS layer-fMRI Webinar 2020
Lars Muckli: Introduction: Video
Uri Hasson: Hierarchical Process Memory: Video
Marios Philiastides: Inferring macroscale network dynamics via EEG-fMRI fusion: Video
Rainer Goebel: Mesoscale UHF fMRI in humans: Video
Andrew Morgan: Investigating contextual processing with high resolution fMRI: Video
Matthew Larkum: Human cortical neurons: XOR and much more: Video
Matthew Self: Benchmarking laminar fMRI: Video
BRAIN initiative PI conference 2020
Abstract book: https://bit.ly/BrainPI-2020-Abstracts
- A. Blazejewska: HN10, Relating functional MRI to neuronal activity: accounting for effects of microarchitecture, MGH.
- M. Báez-Yáñez: HN45, Characterization and modelling of spatiotemporal features of micro-vascular BOLD responses in humans, MGH.
- J. Polimeni: HN46, Dependence of BOLD fMRI on the orientation of tissue relative to the main magnetic field and its impact on detection sensitivity and functional connectivity estimates, MGH.
- K. Sitek: HN56, Somatovisual processing in the deep layers of the human superior colliculus, Baylor College
- A. Vu: IA54, Breaking the Barriers to Microscale fMRI, UCSF.
- I. Sencan: IA45, Effects of standard fMRI calibrations on the diverse microvascular blood flow and oxygenation responses in cortical layers.
Thanks to Sean Marrett for pointing me to it.
- Jakob Heinzle: 2110. Layered fMRI of prediction error related activity in early auditory cortices, Zuerich.
- Gal Hershkovitz: 1210. Layer-sensitive fMRI, Tel Aviv
- Laurentius Huber: 1998. Mapping directional functional connectivity across brain-wide networks with layer-specific CBV-fMR, Maastricht
- Polina Iamshchinina: 681. Perceived and mentally rotated contents are differentially represented in cortical layers of V1, Berlin
- Arman Khojandi: 2014. Layer-dependent BOLD/VAPER fMRI signal fluctuations show distinct cortical depth profiles, NIH
- Ittai Shamir: 1484. Modelling cortical layer connectivity in the macaque brain, Tel Aviv.
- Xindi Wang: 1865. Laminar-specific microstructural gradients reveal differentiated hierarchical organization. McGill
- Jiewon Kang: 1099. Structural Equation Modelling of Inversion-Recovery-BOLD laminar fMRI. Oxford
- Chantal Miller: 2181. Investigating the laminar profile of predictive signalling in human V1 with 7T fMRI. Cambridge
- Rene Scheeringa: 1220. Relating EEG power to laminar specific fMRI connectivity. Nijmegen.
- Omer Faruk Gulban: 2052. 7T in-vivo MRI at 350Î¼m iso. res. using multi echo T2* imaging with flow artifact mitigation, Maastricht.
- Lars Kasper: 2168: Sub-Millimeter Spiral fMRI, Zuerich.
- Edyta Leks, 2063. Influence of GRAPPA pre-scan methods on temporal SNR of rapid GE-EPI measurements at 9.4 Tesla, Tuebingen.
- Guoxiang Liu: 2082. Cortical Depth-Dependent Function Analysis in the Native EPI Space Based on BISEPI at 7T, Osaka.
- William Mathieu: 2137. 128 Channel Receive-Only Radio-Frequency Coil Design for High Resolution Brain Imaging, McGill
- Jenny Schulz: 2005. Short Echo-Time fMRI using Magnetization Transfer Contrast
- Manuel Taso: 2326. Regional and depth-dependence variations of cortical blood-flow assessed with high-resolution ASL. Beth israel.
- Michale Desjardins: 2040. Monte Carlo simulation of VASO fMRI from real microvascular angiograms of the mouse cortex. Laval
- Denizhan Kurban: 1534. Bringing spiral sampling efficiency to fMRI: VASO fMRI with SMS spiral read-out. Maastricht.
- Pierre-Louis Bazin. 1990. Nighres: a python toolbox for high-resolution neuroimaging. Amsterdam.
- Raïssa Yebga Hot, 1770. Ex vivo mapping of the cyto- and myeloarchitecture of the human cerebral cortex using UHF MRI. NeuroSpin.
- Anna Blazejewska, 1845. The orientation-dependence of stria of Gennari ex vivo in high-resolution MRI phase data, MGH
- Roland Pilgram 2336 Compact co-alignment of cortical spatiotemporal spontaneous events and evoked responses, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec