This blog post gives an overview of the scientific network of researchers that are using the VASO (vascular space occupancy) for applications in layer-fMRI. I tried to give an overview of all layer-fMRI VASO papers published so far and provide a map of all layer-fMRI VASO labs around the globe. Continue reading “Layer-fMRI VASO worldwide”
This page lists all open layer-fMRI job opportunities. This page is created with respect to efforts of the layer-fMRI network meeting in 2019 in Minnesota.
Suggestions are welcome to layerfMRI@gmail.com.
- Layer-fMRI postdoc, with Nikolai Axmacher at Ruhr University Bochum
- Layer-fMRI postdoc, with Blake Butler, in London Ontario
- Lausanne, Switzerland, with Ileana Jelescu on diffusion functional fMRI at 7T
- Brisbane, Australia, with Alex Puckett, Post-doc and PhD positions, on layer-fMRI
- Trondheim, in Systems Neuroscience, Faculty Associate Professor with 7T
- Glasgow, with Jozien Goense on layer-fMRI applications, two post-docs and a faculty position.
- Suwon, Korea, with Kamil Uludag, Post-doc position on layer-fMRI methods.
- The Veterans Health Research Institute, with An Vu, about microscale fMRI
- Maastricht, with Benedikt Poser, Post-doc, on UHF advanced imaging.
- Glasgow, with Lars Muckli, on layerfMRI and computational modeling
- Magdeburg, with layerfMRI-expert Esther Kuehn, PdH-Position on Neuronal Mechanisms of Autosuggestion
- NIH, Bethesda, with Peter Bandettini, multiple positions on fMRI methods, including layerfMRI.
- UCSF, with Duan Xu, on advances imaging methods at with a GE 7T scanner, Post-doc position.
- Aalto, Finland, Faculty position on NeuroImaging (7T Terra might come soon).
- Montreal, with Rick Hoge at their new 7T Terra, Research Associate position on advanced UHF functional imaging.
- Liege, with 7T Terra, Post-doc MRI physicist
- Maastricht, with Federiko de Martino, on layer-fMRI, Post-doc
In this blog post, I want to share my thoughts on the number of layers that should be extracted from any given dataset. I will try to give an overview of how many layers are usually extracted in the field, I’ll describe my personal choices of layer numbers, and I will try to discuss the challenges of layer signal extraction along the way.
Recently, my adviser Peter Bandettini asked me to compile a list of all potential applications for layer-fMRI. It was a fun exercise to think about it. Below, you find a list of all potential applications that I could think of. Continue reading “List of potential layer-fMRI application studies”
This post contains a collection of recently presented powerpoint slides.
There is a long list of software packages that are capable of performing high-resolution MRI analysis.
Some of them are used by multiple groups and some of them are customized for specific studies only.
In this post, I want to give an overview over the most important software packages, their advantages and disadvantages, and their popularity in the field.
There are about 80 people with a strong interest in layer-fMRI.
The whole list can be seen here.
These people are included in the listserv: email@example.com
To subscribe, please write an informal email to firstname.lastname@example.org